The Cheriton Singers has about 30 members of varying ages and abilities. There is an annual subscription of £95 due when you join which includes 2 tickets for the Winter concert. There is no audition to join and it is ably rehearsed by our musical director, Christopher Burton, who joined the choir in September 2012.
Chris was educated in Nottingham and studied the organ under Michael Overbury. He graduated from the University of Exeter in 2007 with a first class honours degree in music with a commendation for Distinction in Performance. His studies continued gaining him a Masters of Music degree, a Postgraduate Certificate of Education and a Licentiate of the Royal Schools of Music.
Chris moved to Winchester in 2011 to take up the post of Assistant Director of Music at The Pilgrims' School, leaving behind his position of Assistant Director of Music at St Barnabas Cathedral Nottingham as well as a piano teacher at Oakham School, and Musical Director of the Radcliffe Male Voice Choir.
Chris became Musical Director of the Cheriton Singers in September 2012 and has worked hard to raise the profile of the choir and create firm links with Cheriton Primary School as well as introducing local instrumentalists and forming small orchestras for concerts.
This mainly follows school term dates with the rehearsals being held in St Michael's Church at 7.45 in Cheriton unless otherwise stated. *by the schedule means dates are subject to change
For 2017/18 - Updated from 1 September 2017 - Come and join us for "taster sessions" on 4 & 11 January
- 7 September - start of term
- 14 September - AGM
- 30 September - Come & Sing - Haydn's Nelson Mass - 2-6.30 pm
- Half-Term - 19/26 October*
- 15 December - Christmas Concert
- Last Rehearsal - 14 December
- Carols at The Pots for Charity - 16 December
- Start of New Term - 4 January 2018 - TASTER SESSION
- SECOND TASTER SESSION - 11 January
- Winchester Cathedral Evensong - 16February
- End of Term - 22/29 March*
- Start of term - 12 April *
- May Concert - 19 May
- End of term - 28 June/ 5 July*
- Summer Party - 5/12 July*